International Insights: Launch from London | 20 August 2018
Date: Monday 20 August 2018
Time: 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Location: The Precinct Conference Centre, TechInSA, 2 Ann Nelson Drive, Thebarton, SA
Cost: FREE Bookings essential
What does the London startup ecosystem offer Aussie companies?
Lessons for Founders from the London Tech Week mission.
Startups need to start thinking globally from day one. Successfully building and scaling your business requires a mindset that takes international markets into account initially – not as an afterthought!
London has a lot to offer Aussie startups and makes for an excellent launching pad into the European market. The UK startup sector is vibrant and has critical mass, in part due to ample private investment, but also as a result of some long-term and effective programs, funding and tax arrangements put in place by the UK government.
So to tap into this, in June this year, TechInSA assisted four SA-based startups to attend London Tech Week with the aim of exposing them to the ecosystem and connecting them with international networks.
Mission participants gained valuable insights into the ecosystem and took away some excellent learnings from the week.
Now we’d like to share those learnings with you!
Join TechInSA as we present a fireside chat featuring the participants of the London Tech Week mission.
Hosted by TechInSA’s Dr Judy Halliday, our panellists include:
– Katya Komarova (Opentute)
– Aaron Birkby (Startup Catalyst)
– Denis Stollery (bzpay)
– Oli Young (TC Pinpoint)
– Robin Sands (Link4 Australia)
Points of discussion:
– what the mission involved and tangible lessons and actions
– lessons for founders: what should local startups be doing / what did we see happening there?
– cultural differences and market differences and ways to benefit from this knowledge
– what our travellers are doing differently now they are back.
Image London skyline. Credit London Eye/Twitter via The Wire.